MEDITERRANEAN CHAMPIONSHIP and TRAINING CAMP scheduled for December.
This is the relevant information concerning both events, which will be held in Greece, from the 20thto the 27th December 2015 inclusive.
The participants will be based and accommodated in a suburb of Athens called “Palaio Faliro; this locality is situated on the coast in the southern part of Athens, about six kilometres from the Athens city centre. Both events will take place in a sports hall located in a nearby suburb called “Glyfada”.
Please note the following schedule:
- 19th December: arrival of participants in Athens and transfer to hotel.
- 20th to 22nd December: Mediterranean Championship (Team and Individual events).
- 23rd to 27th December: Training Camp.
- 28th December: departure of participants.
The Organisers will be offering free accommodation (on Full Board basis) to five participants from each COMEBA member Association / Federation; that is, two male players and two female players as well as one coach.
All other participants will be required to cover the respective accommodation cost, as follows:
- Accommodation for all will be on Full Board basis.
- EUR 50 per person per day in a Single room.
- EUR 40 per person per day in a Double Room.
- EUR 20 per person per day in a Triple or a Quadruple Room.
Your attention is drawn to the following relevant aspects:
- The training camp and the tournament are specifically intended for players born in 1999 or later.
- The identity of the coach, appointed to conduct the training camp, will be notified at a later stage; the camp will be conducted in English.
- The “Mediterranean Championship” will consist of both an Individual as well as of a Team tournament.
- The Individual competition will comprise all five categories (Singles and Doubles); it will be played in Groups and not on a Knock-Out basis.
- Each fixture in the Team tournament will consist of five games: MS-WS-MD-WD-MXD; the competition will similarly be played in Groups.
- The Hellenic Badminton Federation will provide all the necessary assistance for any visa requirements of the participants.
- Airport transfers will be organised by the Hellenic Badminton Federation free of charge from Athens International Airport; similarly, all internal transport will be provided at no cost.
Your definite confirmation and commitment to take part must reach the Secretary General (with copy to the Hellenic Badminton Federation – firstname.lastname@example.org) by not later than the 20th November 2015, together with the names and dates of birth of the participants as well as the relative accommodation requirements and travel arrangements.
COMEBA thanks Ms. Victoria Hatzina, and her team at the Hellenic Badminton Federation, for their availability and valuable commitment to organise both these events.
John F. Attard
Confederation of Mediterranean Badminton.