COMEBA is once again organising another edition of its “Mediterranean Championship” as well as of its Training Camp later on this year. This is the relevant details concerning these two events.
Both events will be held in Cairo (Egypt), from the 21st to the 28th July 2016 inclusive. In this regard, COMEBA thanks Dr. Ali Hasaballah, President of the Egyptian Badminton Federation, for this positive initiative as well as for his availability and valuable organisational commitment.
This is the overall Event Schedule:
- 20th July: arrival of participants in Cairo and transfer to hotel.
- 21st to 23rd July: Mediterranean Championship (Team and Individual events).
- 24th to 28th July: Training Camp.
- 29th July: departure of participants.
The following are the relevant aspects of the two events:
- The training camp and the tournament are specifically intended for players born in 1999 or later.
- The camp will be conducted in English by coach Alaa Youssef.
- The “Mediterranean Championship” will consist of both an Individual as well as of a Team tournament.
- The Individual competition will comprise all five categories (Singles and Doubles); it will be played in Groups and not on a Knock-Out basis.
- Each fixture in the Team tournament will consist of five games: MS-WS-MD-WD-MXD; the competition will similarly be played in Groups.
- The Egyptian Badminton Federation will provide all the necessary assistance for any visa requirements of the participants.
- Airport transfers will be organised by the Egyptian Badminton Federation free of charge from Cairo International Airport; similarly, all internal transport will be provided by the Federation at no cost.
- Free accommodation, on full board basis, will be provided to four players (two males and two females) plus one coach representing each COMEBA member Federation / Association.
- Additional players / coaches can attend, provided they cover their respective accommodation cost at the rate of EUR 25.00 daily on full board basis in shared rooms; this payment must be made directly to the Egyptian Federation on arrival.
Your definite confirmation and commitment to take part must reach the Secretary General by not later than the 15th June 2016, together with the names and dates of birth of the participants as well as the relative accommodation requirements and travel arrangements.